Platte River and our owner communities are driven by customer desire to make thorough energy choices and reduce environmental impacts. The industry continues its rapid transformation to support a future led by renewable power, distributed technologies and energy storage. We have recognized this evolution and have incorporated tactics to meet customer desires.
Platte River’s 2020 IRP will focus on identifying a range of generation resources that are carbon-free while adhering to our core pillars – system reliability, environmental responsibility and financial sustainability – that have long made Platte River a successful organization.
The 2020 IRP will focus on building a diversified long-term power portfolio by:
- Formalizing a near-term action plan that places Platte River on a long-term trajectory to meet the carbon reduction objectives of our owner communities
- Assessing opportunities to add more renewable power resources when advantageous
- Evaluating the development of energy storage options
- Measuring the community potential for energy efficiency and distributed resources such as rooftop solar, and managed electric vehicle charging
- Studying options to balance high-renewable portfolios
- Pursuing market options to reduce reliance on fossil fuel resources