Platte River Power Authority is one of more than 2,000 community-owned electric utilities in the U.S. They are operated by local governments and provide their owner communities with reliable, responsive, non-profit electric service. About 48 million people depend on public power. Platte River provides wholesale power to Estes Park, Fort Collins, Longmont and Loveland.
Public utilities like Platte River Power Authority advocate for polices that:
- Ensure reliable electricity service at competitive costs
- Advance diversity and equity in the electric utility industry
- Promote effective competition in the wholesale electricity marketplace
- Protect the environment and the health and safety of electricity consumers
- Safeguard the ability of communities to provide infrastructure services that their consumers require
Learn more at the American Public Power Association