NOTICE: Rawhide tours suspended
At this time, all tours of Rawhide Energy Station are suspended to limit potential exposure to COVID-19. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Get a behind the scenes look into how Platte River generates safe, reliable and environmentally responsible energy.
Tours are by reservation only and must be made at least two weeks in advance of the requested date. Requested dates and times must be verified by Platte River personnel before the tour date is set. Tours can be scheduled Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. The required minimum number of participants is 5; maximum is 52. Age minimum is 8 years or 3rd grade. Tours take about 90 minutes. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to be checked in through plant security.
(see more information under Security access)
Tours are currently unavailable
Security and safety guidelines:
Tour group participants are responsible for following all Rawhide security and safety requirements
- One adult for every six children who are at least eight years old or in the 3rd or 4th grade.
- One adult for every 15 children who are at least 10 years old or in the 5th grade.
- Sturdy shoes are required.
- No shorts, skirts or open-toe shoes are allowed.
- Hard hats, safety glasses and hearing protection will be provided and are required.
- Photographs (unless otherwise permitted)
- Purses, bags, fanny-packs and backpacks
- Firearms or other weapons (law enforcement officers are exempt)
- All tour participants 16 years of age or older must have a photo ID.
- All vehicles must stop at the main gate, pick up the phone and announce their arrival to the security officer.
- All vehicles must stop and check in at the security guardhouse once allowed access at the main gate.
- Parking will be directed by the security officer.
- All persons, vehicles and baggage are subject to search at any time.
Rawhide Energy Station is located at 2700 E. CR82 (Buckeye Road), in Wellington, CO. From I-25, take exit 288 (Buckeye Road/CR82) and head west. The Rawhide Energy Station main gate is approximately three miles from the highway on the north side of Buckeye Road. Upon arrival, use the phone to check-in with security. View Google Map