- Recycling mixed office materials and yard waste
- Supporting generation from renewable energy sources including participating in regional wind energy projects and operating photovoltaic solar electric generation systems located at Rawhide Energy Station and Platte River’s Headquarters campus
- Using hybrid and all-electric fleet vehicles and participating in the SmartTrips™ VanGo™ ride-share program to reduce gasoline consumption
- Installing special MicroGreen™ oil filters in vehicles to reduce motor oil consumption
- Using virtual computer servers and efficient lighting to reduce electricity consumption
- Encouraging employees to use alternative transportation methods to and from work (for example, bicycles and buses)
- Educating employees to make responsible decisions that improve the quality of the environment and the health and safety of the owner communities where we live and work
A key component of the Platte River’s emphasis on sustainability is its Sustainability Team, made up of individuals from throughout the organization who look for ways to conserve resources, reduce waste and educate employees. Another component is Platte River’s continued membership and expanded participation in the Fort Collins Climate Wise program. This program provides a format for corporate entities to review sustainability practices, set goals, and track those goals over time.