Vision and guiding principles
The following working draft vision statement and guiding principles were developed by the DER strategy committee and will evolve throughout the course of the project. The vision statement and guiding principles are important components of the DER strategy and will ultimately help guide all strategic planning efforts.
A joint DER strategy will promote collaboration and coordination between the owner communities and Platte River to provide value to all customers.
- Maintain system reliability and utility financial sustainability while enhancing environmental responsibility and customer experience.
- Implement safety practices in all facets of DER planning, operations and customer programs to protect the public, utility employees, contractors and customers.
- Maintain physical and cyber security of grid assets and privacy of customer data.
- Facilitate deployment of DERs across all customer groups in a way that provides benefits to those customers and the electrical system.
- Provide consistency, transparency and flexibility among Platte River and the owner communities in DER planning, operations and programs.
- Employ common processes, industry best practices and innovation for the integration of DER technologies onto the grid.