Why a new headquarters facility?
We need a modern campus to better manage the complex technologies behind a secure and robust 21st century electrical grid and the critical infrastructure necessary to power and protect our way of life.
- Built in the 1970s, our current headquarters campus was not designed to efficiently manage the advanced technology necessary to balance energy produced from non-carbon and traditional resources along with the demands posed by a regional transmission organization.
- Our professional staff needs a work environment that will maximize the benefits of emerging technologies and the collaborative efficiencies within an increasingly complex energy industry.
We need a campus that provides the community with better access to our region’s energy experts and the policy leaders who will guide our cleaner and more diverse energy future.
- The current headquarters campus does not meet modern building codes or requirements by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We want to accommodate the diverse needs of the community and that of our workforce.
- We want to provide the community with a campus that offers sufficient meeting areas to better welcome individuals and groups for a variety of purposes, including:
- Energy efficiency programs
- Information sharing
- Professional training
- Planning and collaboration